Thursday, February 16, 2012

Amelia, Born This Day

What a celebration today is for me. I have a precious 17 year old daughter who was born at 0802, on 02/16/95. A gift to her father, and a gift to me. She is a gift to her brother John Paul and a gift to her sister Jamie. She is a gift to her friends and to her friends' parents and siblings. Amelia Rose Winter is a gift from God. What a neat identity to have. 

God has given me several names through the years. At 18, as a new born again believer in Jesus, God named me Quick to Repent, "I see!" Preach it Sister! New Arrival, just to name a few. There was a dry season or at least one full of distractions. I graduated from University of Portland with my BSN and practiced nursing till 2003 when I surrendered my RN license because I have ADD (Adult Attention Deficit Disorder). After coming back to The Lord, around August 2004, He named me: She who submits. 

I began to hear from Him again but it wasn't until we started going to Calvary Corvallis, that The Word of God became a nourishing part of my life. My most recent name The Beloved has given me is : Established Preacher. My days are currently spent writing, preaching and spending time in the presence of Jesus with The Holy Spirit in prayer or feasting upon The Word of God.

I believe Isaiah 61 and 62 hold meaning for the identity Father God has for my sweet Amelia Rose. I will pray as He shows it to her.

1 comment: