Monday, February 13, 2012

Refuge and the Stronghold

Stronghold is the term the enemy has convinced many Christians to use only in reference to the work of Satan or his demons (I prefer calling them principalities). A stronghold was a place set up in time of war that was for refuge. It was fortified and protected! Webster's defines it as a place dominated by a particular group, a fortified place, FORTRESS. When the enemy is given permission to set up a stronghold in our lives, it is a camp of lies under very heavy protection. Spiritual warfare tears down strongholds, breaks the bonds of wickedness and sets the captives free. Then our Father establishes His law in our hearts and His Holy Spirit in our very being. This stronghold is a mighty fortress!!


I was held captive and delivered from some nasty, big strongholds throughout my 37 years as a Christian but the critical spirit I inherited from my ancestors was devastating to my marriage and my family. As well as, Queen Know-it-all was a doozie, but seeing the release of my husband's Spirit from his tormentors and being given the opportunity to send them to Hades, I was then able to recognize my own demons and make them gone in the Name of Jesus. I have a clarity of mind that I have never known. I feel clean. I am able to really hear my own thoughts. I am able to stay in the moment and sense moment to moment when separation of my Spirit from Father God occurs and my flesh takes control. And I have a confidence and might in my Spirit and a firm resolve to endure to the end! It is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives within me!

No comments:

Post a Comment