Monday, February 13, 2012

Whirlwind Journeys

At the Calvary Women's Retreat this past weekend in Turner, Oregon, a friend shared how she has been on a whirlwind journey since the first of January and has filled her recorder with thoughts through the experience. I too have been on an amazing journey since the death of my husband. At the retreat, God established me. A couple years ago I received a word from God from my Pastor, Rob Verdeyen. According to my memory, he said there was a building being constructed and he saw a pile of stones that had been set aside for some time and he asked Father God why they were discarded or not being used. Then what I also heard next was, "These stones are cut for a specific purpose, a chosen place in the building." I then saw the pile and as Rob continued to discribe the stones, I also saw a stone that was curved and smooth on one edge and rough and unique on the other edge. Rob mentioned one of the stones was to be used in an arch. Father God then told me, "You are that archway stone being held for specific placement." During this same 2 year period of time, God used our church secretary, Cindy, to help me understand something God was showing me one day. I told her I felt like there was a bit and bridle in my mouth with constant slight tension holding me back. I wanted to let go and run with all my might but the Father was saying not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment