Friday, February 17, 2012

How Do We Recognize Them?

At first it usually requires an outsider to recognize the presence of an unclean spirit, because we are blinded and unable to see what others are able to see. We are inside looking out and what we think we are projecting may be different than what others are actually seeing. Sometimes our voice can have an accusing tone but we think we are delivering a constructive criticism. After deliverance of just one principality, often a person will begin to recognize when another manifests itself, and will often expose the presence of the others. Many are familiar and it is very difficult to accept it as a principality. Someone given to a spirit of fear will often quote, "I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power…" Well, often they do have a spirit of fear and it didn’t come from God.  So where did it come from? And are you willing to let it go?


And since they are subject to us through the blood of Jesus, how do we assert our authority over them?
Once an unclean spirit is recognized it is a matter of simply saying, "Be gone in the Name of Jesus." Allow your voice to remain calm, firm and speak with authority. The Holy Spirit has been teaching about these things for 31 years now. But, it wasn’t until my husband’s demons were out of my life that I was able to "see" my own. I had an experience where I spoke to a precious young friend of mine and she looked at me with fear and wouldn’t take my hand. I turned to her mother and asked what was wrong and she said, "Because you yelled at her" That wasn’t what I heard or meant to deliver in my voice at all. I began to suspect it wasn’t me who said it in the first place. Another subtle clue is body language. Sometimes I noticed I would make a gesture that wasn’t characteristic of me or my personality. In one instance I happened to be in the bathroom facing the mirror. I looked into my eyes and said, "I see you. You come out in the Name of Jesus." There is usually an exhale or a shiver and it is gone. It is that simple. Let me say it again, it is that simple.
The most difficult part in this whole process is being willing to accept the possibility a principality could be dwelling in your body.


Initially and with strong manifestations, it is common to require a prayer partner to simply pray with you. Until you experience it for yourself, it will probably be necessary for another to pray with you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment