Monday, February 13, 2012

We Need Each Other

Our church secretary, Cindy, helped me to see how I was still in training. I was a Champion Race Horse and there was too much risk of injury if I was put into the racing circuit too soon. She reminded me of something Pastor Rob had spoken from the pulpit about us being directed with God's eye upon us. He also liked saying, "I'd rather get it in the ear than get it in the rear." Cindy and I talked about the bit and bridle and I heard about a rider being able to use subtle ways to communicate to his horse. God continued to give me various pictures using this imagery and I saw myself as a Champion already in the race but the tension on the reins was because the jockey knew how much distance was yet to go before the finish line. This jockey knew his horse and vise versa. They both knew when the time was right, the reins would be relaxed and the horse would kick into high gear and give it all he had until he crossed the finish line.


I made a cardboard testimony at the retreat this weekend and the word that represented so much of my life was DORMANT and the word God gave me for the new side is: ESTABLISHED. I am resting even more at peace with waiting upon God and listening to The Holy Spirit for living in the moment. I am writing my testimony for a book as it relates to my experiences in the battle of my life amongst my flesh and my Spirit. There are so many ways every person whom God placed in my life these past 37 years has helped in my learning all that Father God is putting together for His Glory and His Name sake only.

No comments:

Post a Comment