Monday, February 13, 2012

Learning To Ride A Bike

I remember what it felt like when I hadn't yet ridden a 2-wheel bike. I had training wheels and the day came when they came off. I was nervous and excited, unsure yet confident enough to try anything. I got on and Mom or Dad ran behind me then let go of the seat and I knew I was on my own. It was great!

Writing this blog is as exciting and comfortable a feeling as I could have. Yet I know I am on my own when it comes to my choices and self-discipline, but my identity in Jesus is solid and My confidence is in the Holy Spirit. I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives within me. And as Paul says in Romans, "When I do the very thing I do not want to do it is no longer I doing it, but sin that dwells within me." I understand Paul. I get it! 

The name of my new book is: WARFARE by Carmen Lee Kirk Winter

There has been so much anticipation for the arrival of this day. I have known how to wait upon the Lord. I want for Him to be able to direct me with His Eye. I want to "get it in the ear," as Pastor Rob would say, "and not in the rear."

No comments:

Post a Comment